The first component of the AHMC Hemp Building training package is our hemp construction theory workshop. This theory workshop is delivered over 3 x 2 hr evening zoom sessions by Klara
The first component of the AHMC Hemp Building training package is our hemp construction theory workshop.
This theory workshop is delivered over 3 x 2 hr evening zoom sessions by Klara Marosszeky, founder of the Australian hemp masonry company. Klara is a certified workplace trainer and assessor.
The Zoom sessions cover the following:
1. The history of Hemp construction and where we’re up to in Australia (including with hemp production and processing)
2. Hemp construction and the Building Code of Australia
3. Applications in new residential and commercial building, as well as in retrofitting
4. The material’s performance characteristics
5. Where you can and can’t use hempcrete
6. Design detailing
7. Tools, options for formwork and formwork set up
8. WH & S
9. Making mixes and installation guidelines
10.Techniques for managing curing
11. Optional external and internal finishes
12. Repairs and making changes.
Following the training you will receive a Certificate, a Certifier’s Pack (including the reports and supporting information needed for hemp homes and commercial buildings to be approved by a Certifier or Surveyor) and other information to support you in your project.
Builders, Architects and Building Designers who complete the training are eligible for CPD points. Please let us know if this is relevant to you.
You can register to take part on our workshops page.
Fee for the three theory sessions is $330 pp (incl GST)
Please make your payment to:
Australian Hemp Masonry Pty Ltd
BSB: 112 – 879
Acc: 422 430 393
Please remember to include your surname, the month and location of the workshop in the Deposit description
Lastly, please email a copy of your receipt of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bookings are finalised when your payment is received. Max number of participants 15.
(Thursday) 7:00 pm AEST